City Year Philadelphia is seeking an Impact Analytics Coordinator (IAC) to develop, implement, and execute a plan for effective site-level Impact data and systems management. The IAC will use and support the use of analytics and data to drive learning and continuous improvement for students and AmeriCorps members. The IAC will also support general operations of the Impact department.
Impact Analysis and Applied Use
- Create and produce analytic tools and resources that support effective service implementation, answer key learning questions, and evaluate programs and performance
- Provide individualized tools and processes to AmeriCorps Members, Impact Managers, Impact Directors and others that strengthen service implementation and effectively monitor progress; communicate extensively about these tools and processes
- Collaborate with the entire Impact Department to support and influence site practice as it pertains to the use of implementation, student, school and survey data
- Lead short-term, internal research projects to answer key learning questions
- Provide data to internal stakeholders in a various formats to help enhance understanding and monitoring of site performance
Data & Systems Management
- Collaborate with HQ and site staff to build site’s capacity to enter, secure, and access Impact data that is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Provide customer service, technical assistance and training on databases and systems including cyconnect, cyschoolhouse, Devereaux Student Strengths Assessment (DESSA), Holistic Student Assessment), Microsoft Excel, and internal reports
- Chronicle and store various data files, service and evaluation policies, and other documents in compliance with FERPA; communicate and train site staff on data transfer and storage policies in compliance with FERPA and local policies
- Manage relationships with HQ Eval staff and ensure site complies with national organizational needs
Impact Operations Support
- Collaborate with service & strategy team and People & Operations Department to provide operational support to school-based team and Impact Dept events
- Support Learning & Development Days and other events by facilitating learning sessions, assisting with materials, technology set up, and systems support.
- Communicate and reinforce effective service implementation through support of department calendar, goals communication, systems creation, and school visits
- Collaborate with People & Operations Department to support site operations tasks including uniform distribution, mobility kit management and paycard management.
Organizational Initiatives and Site Support
- Participate in network-wide meetings and calls, providing insight, feedback, and collective problem solving.
- Engage in structured discussion and training on diversity, belonging, inclusivity and belonging aimed at developing stronger cultural competency, both individually and collectively as a site
- Partner with City Year Philadelphia’s departments and staff to ensure that site-wide goals are met, including, but not limited to, the AmeriCorps member applicant interview process, stakeholder engagement, event and service day participation, and cross-departmental committees
- Attend overnight conferences throughout the year, as well as additional engagement and training activities throughout the year
In order to succeed in this role, an applicant must have the following competencies:
- Communication: clearly articulates information and ideas orally and in writing; inspires diverse audiences through compelling, tailored messaging; communicates with confidence and credibility; listens carefully and is responsive to feedback; anticipates and plans for questions
- Executes to Results: accomplishes tasks on time with high quality; accepts accountability and takes initiative; designs and plans to work to achieve desired results; prioritizes work and multitasks effectively; delegates responsibilities and holds others accountable; uses benchmarks and performance measures to track progress and intervenes to address barriers to achieving results
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: applies knowledge, experience, creativity, and critical thinking in solving challenges; looks beyond the obvious for answers; uses sound judgment to make well-informed, ethical decisions; links decision to potential consequences and knows when to escalate or seek guidance
- Relationship Development: Able to connect to and relate to others; Demonstrates openness, approachability, and understanding of other perspectives; Maintains and builds relationships by recognizing and responding to the needs of others.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; City Year experience a plus
- Outstanding ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently to achieve goals
- Comfortability and fluency in use of data and analytics; particularly with individual and aggregate student data
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel; able to complete basic processes (sort, filter, design, formulas) and confident in ability to learn and master moderately advanced processes (pivot table, match index, advanced formulas)
- General technical acumen – desire to learn technical processes and programs (ex: Microsoft Power BI) to solve unanticipated challenges; direct experience with Microsoft Power BI a plus
- Ability to adapt and excel in diverse, youthful, high energy, entrepreneurial, and rapidly-changing environment
- Passion for education and youth development
- Attitude essentials: growth mindset, passion for City Year’s mission, detail oriented, committed to teamwork, grit, resilience and openness to engage in structured discussion and training on diversity, belonging, inclusivity and belonging aimed at developing stronger cultural competency, both individually and collectively as a site
Qualified applicants should apply and submit a resume with cover letter and salary requirements. Applications without each of these 3 items will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.