The Analyst - Grants Management position provides guidance and technical assistance to grants managers and support staff on grant implementation, administration, and reporting to ensure smooth operation of assigned competitive or entitlement grant programs and contractual agreements. Responsible for researching and monitoring the expenditures of local, state, federal, and private grant programs and facilitating the expenditure of funds in compliance with grantor and local requirements.
- Provides advice and technical assistance in the implementation of grant programs and reporting. Functions as a resource team member in regard to compliance regulations and legislative issues impacting the use of grant funds and delivery of assigned programs.
- Participates in monitoring grant programs and report components, communicating with school system staff, collaborative partners, and granting agencies.
- Uses computer packages, databases, and on-line services to track and manage grant information and generate reports.
- Confers with instructional staff in resolving grant questions raised during the implementation of grant programs.
- Conducts ongoing grant reviews to identify areas of concern in the program implementation process, and targets corrective actions to ensure that expenditure of funds reflects program requirements.
- Provides technical advice and assistance in grant program and financial matters.
- Forms and assists project management teams responsible for effecting grant programs, and coordinates with key budget and financial staff as appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of current school system developments that may impact the management of grant programs, contractual agreements, and compilation of reports.
- Facilitates training for grant managers.
- Bachelor?s degree in education, business administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university (Master's preferred).
- Three (3) years successful related professional experience in monitoring sponsored or non-sponsored projects and tracking expenditures, preferably in an education environment.
- Experience working with county, state, federal, and/or private agencies desirable.
- Experience working with contractual agreements also desirable.
- Equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform effectively in this position may be considered.
- Considerable knowledge of grants management and reporting processes.
- Knowledge of budget/accounting methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of granting agency requirements and grant criteria and familiarity with reporting instruments and administrative procedures for monitoring grant awards and of related computer packages and on-line resources.