Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. Role Mission:
The Contract Independent Curriculum Writer will play an active role in assisting IDEA Public Schools to create course content that aligns with AP Calculus or AP Statistics standards and the IDEA Public Schools scope and sequence and teacher coaching structures. The Contract Independent Curriculum Writer will collaborate with the Curriculum Manager to assist with creating new curricular materials that provide explicit content and pedagogical guidance in implementing rigorous, vertically aligned instruction. The Contract Independent Curriculum Writer will also engage with the Curriculum Manager to facilitate structured content writing training and peer review processes to ensure product consistency across the content writing team. Accountabilities:
Live values of IDEA:
- Author scripted, daily lesson plans that include: rationale, teacher notes, differentiation guidance, guiding questions, concept instruction, exploration activities, and student-facing tasks (such as Do Now, Problem Set, Exit Ticket, and Homework);
- Ensure alignment of curricular products to AP standards and the IDEA scope and sequence and teacher coaching structures;
- Create scaffolding and accommodations to meet the needs of all of IDEA's learners, including English language learners, special education students, students performing below grade level, and students performing above grade level;
- Revise curricular products during review processes and after pilot feedback;
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Manager to ensure content accuracy and valid, developmentally appropriate sequencing of concepts;
- Participate in regular communication with the Curriculum Manager to ensure products meet IDEA standards and are consistent with products developed by the content writing team;
- Contribute to the creation of professional development content and implementation support to facilitate effective content delivery by teachers;
- Provide high-quality, timely product delivery and communication under remote work environment; and
- Track work hours in accordance with Scope of Work and invoice IDEA on a monthly basis.
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improvequickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
- Mission Focus - Focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all students into college , with a particular focus on designing an academic program that achieves that goal
- Record of Results - Holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving -Able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals, with a particular focus on student achievement data
- Communication - Effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement - Proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education:Bachelor's degree required; Masters or advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of three years teaching experience in AP Statistics and/or AP Calculus, or the relevant co ntent area.
- A strong record of student achievement results as a teacher and if applicable, administrator
- Experience designing assessments and curriculum products in the relevant content area, system-wide experience preferred
- Experience managing a large projects and meeting set timeframe for deliverables
Knowledge and Skills:
- Licenses or Certifications: Teaching Certification required; National Board Certification preferred.
- Deep content knowledge in secondary mathematics, especially in calculus and statistics.
- Proficiency in AP Calculus and/or AP Statistics curriculum and exam standards.
- Superior ability to design curriculum aligned to standards with demonstrated writing ability (curriculum writing sample required).
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of STEM education development and integration objectives.
- Identify and replicate best practices in STEM education already occurring at IDEA Public Schools.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to quality curriculum development to further the IDEA Public Schools' mission of college acceptance and persistence for all students.
$400 per completed lesson plan. The Contract Independent Curriculum Writer must track daily lesson plans and submit monthly invoices detailing hours worked and services performed. The Contract Independent Curriculum Writer will not be eligible for IDEA Public Schools' employee benefits offerings.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.