KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 59 public charter schools educating over 34,000 students across four regions - Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionAbout the Opportunity
The Talent Recruiter will recruit and support the selection of exceptional talent to join the KIPP Texas Public Schools Team & Family as members of the School Support Partners team. They will maintain and continuously improve the infrastructure for recruitment processes and facilitate high-quality, compelling, equitable selection events. The Talent Recruiter will maintain close working relationships with School Support Partners hiring managers and keep a true pulse on their needs. As a result of the Talent Recruiter's work, KIPP Texas will progress in living out its commitment to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism both through the power of the recruitment and selection processes as well as through the legacy of the talented individuals who join the organization as a result of their efforts.
The Key Objectives of the Talent Recruiter- School Support Partners role,
QualificationsMajor Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit strategically and effectively to ensure our School Support Partners teams are comprised of and led by a diverse cadre of mission-aligned experts in their respective fields
- Manifest a theory of action for equity in hiring practices and attraction of top quality candidates who reflect the diversity of backgrounds of our students
- Ensures the staffing needs of the organization are being met, with both short-term and long-term talent strategy in mind
- Implements end-to-end candidate recruitment and selection processes that ensure a positive experience
- Form close, trusting relationships with hiring managers to ensure clear candidate/interviewer expectations
- Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing School Support Partners recruitment events when necessary.
- Provide exemplary support to hiring managers. Key contributions include supporting hiring managers to proactively solidify their hiring needs in the upcoming school year, staying abreast of and acting on any changes in the hiring landscape, ensuring strong leads are identified and quickly handed off to hiring managers for review, supporting logistics for on-site or virtual interview days, and stewarding the offer extension process.
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong, diverse candidate pipeline.
- Maximize leads generated to ensure that we have a diverse cohort of the strongest talent available to meet the demand of assigned portfolio roles (up to 100 targeted positions per year.) Partner with teammates on the Talent Recruitment Team on lead generation strategy for the campaign, including attending and executing events, sourcing and cultivating candidates, and generating and cultivating referrals. Demonstrate ability to adjust strategy of cultivation of and allocation of leads to meet highest priority needs.
- Ensure a high-quality candidate experience. Facilitate best-in-class interactions with KIPP in all forms of communication interaction, such as email correspondence, phone correspondence, interview logistics and support, and candidate support through the point of an accepted offer.
- Operate with exemplary team spirit with eagerness to demonstrate flexibility and contribute to the overall needs of the team as they arise.
- BA or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 3 + years experience in talent acquisition.
- Clear, concise, compelling communication: ability to effectively express KIPP's mission to candidates, exceptional written communication to both internal and external audiences.
- Professionalism: Operate with a professional demeanor in even the most challenging situations. Work with hiring managers in a way that demonstrates confidence, initiative, and dedication to meeting commitments. Expresses professional presence with external stakeholders in a way that exemplifies KIPP's values in person, verbally, in writing, on social media, and at events.
- Critical thinking: Ability to assess a candidates' competitiveness and needs quickly, ability to match candidates with the position to which they are most likely to be a match, ability to analyze data and make strategic campaign adjustments.
- Organizational ability and accuracy: excellent attention to detail in written communication, exemplary calendar management, commitment to data fidelity, and consistency in executing next steps.
The Talent Recruiter, School Support Partners (ESSER) will be funded directly from the Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief (ESSER) grants awarded by the Texas Education Agency under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (ESSER II) and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ESSER III). This position will be funded solely (100%) from the ESSER II and III allocation for administrative expenses through September 30, 2023, and may continue to be funded through September 30, 2024, depending upon the availability of ESSER grant funds. At the end of the grant period, this position may be eliminated unless other sources of funds are secured to maintain this position or a similar position.
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.