KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 59 public charter schools educating over 31,100 students across four regions - Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.Job Description
The Infrastructure Analyst reports to the KTX Director, Infrastructure. The Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for providing Tier 4 technical infrastructure support and supporting and maintaining the organization's foundational software and systems and core network solutions. The Infrastructure Analyst works closely with the Senior Infrastructure Technologist, Infrastructure Technologists, and the IT Support Services team to provide technical support. The Infrastructure Analyst helps ensure the integrity and quality of data used by the organization and downstream applications.Key ResponsibilitiesFunctional Accountabilities
- Provides Tier 4 technical support by investigating, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Serves as the primary escalation point for the IT Support Services (Tier 1,2, and 3).
- Supports the organization's core network solutions (WAN/LAN/WiFi/Telecom).
- Supports core facilities infrastructure including structured cabling. A/V, PA, security cameras, and access control.
- Performs tuning, monitoring, and optimization of systems and services.
- Performs general software management including patches and upgrades, user management, access control, and storage monitoring; ensures scheduled backups are completed according to the established schedule.
- Develops and maintains documentation of systems, services, and processes.
- Supports the organizational Active Directory service including the provisioning process for user and machine accounts.
- Configures and supports the implementation of Microsoft Deployment Tools (MDT).
- Supports and monitors the Identity Management solutions for the organization.
- Supports the hardware and software for virtual servers (on premise and cloud based).
- Configures mobile device management solutions (JAMF/File Wave/etc.).
- Supports organizational communication and collaboration platforms - Office 365, G Suite for Education, video conferencing, and direct messaging.
- Configures and supports organizational anti-virus software and CIPA compliant content filtering.
- Supports organizational storage models (SAN/VSAN) and storage monitoring.
- Creates and maintains eRate documentation.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology trends and recommends the development and implementation of systems that take advantage of these trends.
- Collects and updates inventory records to support lifecycle management.
- Process project acceptance checklist items to verify project completion and site readiness.
- Support the Infrastructure Analysts and IT Support Services (Tier 1.2, and 3).
- Adheres to IT data systems standards, metrics, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), documentation, communications, and training. Provides status updates to management and status updates to users on the status of service requests and incidents.
- Implements monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of services and provides status reports to management.
- Evaluates and interprets requirements of key business stakeholders and data consumers to develop recommendations and implement approved solutions.
- Collaborates on and develops complex queries, views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions.
- Provides progress reporting for all assigned projects including estimates, risk analysis, and time spent.
- Independently designs, develops, and delivers ad-hoc reports.
- Skilled in diagnosing and resolving Tier 4 technical issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and assignments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and works well in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly to diverse non-technical audiences.
- Team oriented mindset.
- Experience with Cisco and HP switches and routers.
- Experience with Cisco and Aruba wireless access points.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Experience with Active Directory (AD), Microsoft Deployment Tools (MDT), and Office 365 management.
- Demonstrated skill using VMware version - ESXi 4.1+.
- Strong understanding of G Suite administration and Google Apps Manager scripting (GAM).
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management tools (JAMF, Filewave, etc.).
- Experience managing content filtering on a large scale (Lightspeed Systems, Open DNS, etc.).
- Experience with cloud services (AWS/Azure).
- Bachelor's degree (or 2+ years of relevant work experience) in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in a school district, non-profit or government agency is a plus.
- The following certifications are a plus: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Cisco Certified Technician (CCT), VMWare Certified Associate (VCA).
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.