At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.Position Description
At Rocketship, the Community Engagement and Advocacy team believes in elevating Rocketship as a force for education equity in San Jose. We work to achieve this by creating opportunities in which our internal work will be experienced by the external environment. This team oversees external affairs, community engagement, advocacy, and authorizer relationships. This position reports to the South Bay Senior Director of External Affairs and leads with project management, internal communications, district authorizer partnership, school collaboration, community partnerships, and external advocacy. This role is a full-time, exempt position on Rocketship's GCE team, serving the San Jose community. This role partners effectively with school leaders, families, community organizations, and stakeholders in advocacy for educational equity at our Rocketship schools. This position is San Jose based and residing within the Bay Area is required, South Bay is preferred. This position will require moderate travel in the greater Bay Area region, flexibility of schedule, including willingness to work weekends and evening hours as events demand.
- Provide support to the Senior Director of External Affairs and Bay Area Community Engagement team with regional campaigns. Work with Bay Area Regional Team and national Network Support Team on multiple projects.
- Work closely with the San Jose GCE team, remain informed on the local education politics landscape.
- Serve as lead project manager for charter renewal campaigns across multiple teams
- Partner with schools to lead the School Site Council (SSC) and English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) meetings across CA schools.
- Work closely with various internal Rocketship teams to ensure timely submission of all compliance related documentation to Rocketship authorizers year round.
- Lead annual compliance and monitoring visits with Charter authorizers for all San Jose Schools.
- Relationship building across multiple teams, people, organizations.
- Partner with school leaders to plan and organize school tours for external stakeholders.
- Engage external stakeholders with a focus on fostering existing relationships and building new partnerships with community stakeholders that will help support the work of communicating educational options to families in the communities we serve.
- Represent Rocketship Public Schools and its mission at external community events
- Provide accurate and detailed, rapid-response research to assist Network Support Team and Regional Director with evaluating various growth strategies.
- Organize and plan community events that bring necessary resources to our schools, families, and the broader community.
- Develop agendas for team meetings
- Participate in cross team collaboration meetings and gain functional knowledge of Rocketship updates to be able to effectively communicate with external stakeholders
- A passion for Rocketship's mission to eliminate the achievement gap and a belief that all families deserve high quality educational options. A sense of urgency and passion for social justice and equity in education.
- A bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years professional leadership experience managing cross-functional projects
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful.
- Capacity to think strategically and critically about social, economic, cultural, and political issues affecting a community.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and cultivate support among diverse stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- A results-oriented, goal-driven, team approach to work.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Strong public speaking, writing, and analytical skills. Ability to assess and report project updates to various stakeholders.
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish and English.
- Experience using Google suite and a willingness to learn and implement new technology.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, as events require.
- Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation as frequent travel between school sites and events are needed.
- Spanish Bilingual preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.