Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. Role Mission:
The Director of Board Services, FL and New Regions is responsible for managing board compliance, execution, and synergy between new state boards and IDEA Public Schools, and is solely responsible for the IDEA Florida, Inc. fiduciary board. This individual will be the expert on individual state open-meetings requirements, board training requirements, and other compliance measures to ensure that boards are within all measures of success, while also ensuring seamless and effective meeting preparation and execution between Headquarters National and Regional teams and Board Chairs. The Director of Board Services, FL and New Regions will partner closely with legal counsel, Business Office, and others to ensure policy creation and adoption, procedural execution, and effective operating mechanisms.Accountabilities Manage relationship with Board Counsel, IPS Counsel, Board and IDEA Public Schools to ensure appropriate and well-delivered materials, aligned with expectations and timelines of all parties.
100% of Regular and Special Board Meetings for new states have Quorum and Board Members have materials accessible 72 hours in advance for regular meetings.
- Create operating mechanisms between legal and internal teams, as appropriate.
- Maintain strong internal systems for organizing deliverables, timelines, and submissions.
- Develop deep understanding of financing, compliance, and authorizing needs.
- Maintain board calendar for annual requirements.
- Develop strong communication mechanisms internally and with board members to ensure all individuals have the information they need.
- Partner with IDEA Public Schools representatives to ensure information is free-flowing and receive access to key content and meetings.
100% of Board Members Meet Annual Training Requirements; 100% of Required and Recommended Policies are Ratified
- C reate annual calendar of required board actions and operating mechanisms for collecting and reviewing appropriate materials.
- Facilitate management team in executing on strong board meetings that lead to efficiency, clarity, and investment by Board of Directors in participation.
- Manage Board of Directors Calendar and coordinate all committee calendars, postings.
- Assemble and manage board book distribution
- Engage in all external postings necessary with appropriate internal and external stakeholders, including any video attainment and posting, agenda and minute postings
- Take minutes at all Board Meetings
- Maintain Docusign account and be responsible for hand or digital signatures and follow up from all meetings
- Maintain the internal soft and hard copies of all Board Materials
- Maintain the corporate binder including governance documents (bylaws, articles/certificate) and charter/authorizer amendments
- Ensure documentation on file, so that any and all requests from any internal and external parties, can be appropriately responded to within 48 hours
100% of Board Committee Meetings, Workshops, and Meetings are appropriately posted, minutes maintained
- Understand annual state board training requirements
- Maintain board training tracker
- File all board training trackers
- Research, evaluate and recommend board trainings for consideration
- Facilitate board training, as appropriate, in partnership with legal counsel or identify appropriate internal/external parties to meet training requirements
90% Non-Texas Fiduciary Board Retention
- Attend Board Committee meetings, take minutes, file minutes
- Ensure agendas are drafted and posted, pending review
- Ensure any necessary documentation is signed and maintained from committee meetings and workshops
- Set preparation expectations for committee staffers and manage to execution
- Provide timely feedback
Support Board Recruitment, Board and Regional Representation in the State of Florida
- Lead effective onboarding for board members with legal counsel and regional leadership, IDEA leadership
- Collaborate and connect with IDEA leadership for collaboration with IDEA board
- Ensure board satisfaction with committee structures, materials presentation, and communication
- Clearly communicate expectations
- Partner with Regional and National Advancement/Development Team member on retention and stewardship opportunities
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Be visible and engage in public forums to understand local context and support advocacy of IDEA Public Schools
- Serve as a champion of IDEA, such that IDEA is well received politically and in the media
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to build trust and respect from staff and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and planning systems
- Results/action oriented
- Manage through influence
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: 3 years of board or governance support and management
- Located in Florida
- Understanding of governance requirements and effective governance
- Strong communication, both verbally and through writing
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret policy and legal language
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $73,900 and $90,200, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.