KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
Speech & Language Pathologist Opportunity
The Speech and Language Service Pathologist will assess and provide speech and language therapy for students in grades TK-8th at our East and South Los Angeles schools. They will focus on developing students’ oral communication skills to support their ability to access their educational program. They will report to the Senior Speech and Language Program Manager.
Speech & Language Pathologist Responsibilities
- Provide direct treatment to students with speech-language impairments
- Develop and implement educationally-based Individualized Education Program (IEP) communication goals using a variety of service delivery models to support the classroom curriculum
- Conduct speech and language screenings
- Follow and implement treatment plans
- Document student progress towards meeting established goals and objectives
- Conduct formal assessments
- Participate in IEP meetings of students on assigned caseload
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure that students meet the goals outlined in their IEPs
- Provide individualized classroom strategies to facilitate specific communication skills
- Communicate with families of students on assigned caseload regarding progress toward IEP goals
- Participate as a member of the regional Special Education team
- Manage special projects as they relate to Special Education.
Speech & Language Pathologist Qualifications
- Master’s Degree from an ASHA accredited university is required
- Valid California Speech-Language Pathologist license/credential is required
- Certificate of Clinical Competency is required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with students in a school setting is preferred
- Demonstrated results working with students
- Knowledge of IEP present levels and goal-writing
Speech & Language Pathologist Perks
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.