IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About the Rio Grande Valley
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA’s mission of college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate college-ready. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of change makers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: With the mission of an exceptional teacher for every IDEA student every day, the Regional Director of Instructional Coaching is a regional coaching role focused on improving teacher quality and teacher retention at IDEA Public Schools. The Regional Director of Instructional Coaching serves as a regional expert in IDEA’s coaching methods, focusing primarily on building capacity in instructional lead team members to effectively execute IDEA’s coaching model. This role serves as a liaison for all Teacher Advancement Team initiatives at the regional level, including Teacher Career Pathway placements and benefits and Teachboost use.
1.Ensure 85% Overall | 80% Level 1 | 95% Level 4 and 5 Teacher retention (levels as determined by IDEA’s Teacher Career Pathway)
- Partner with staffing team and Schools Team to design and execute regional teacher retention strategy
- Support year-long onboarding for Welcome-to IDEA teachers starting with planning and executing best in class New Teacher Institute
- Monitor campus culture and partner with lead teams to coach and retain teachers, with a particular emphasis on new to IDEA teachers and Level 4/5 teachers
- Build relationships with teachers and communicate Teacher Career Pathway initiatives
- Share feedback with regional staffing partners on hiring model, applicants, new teachers
- Be an ambassador of IDEA’s Human Assets Teachable point of view and leading with a culture of joy to ensure IDEA’s schools and teams are great places to work
2.63% of teachers who report to an Assistant Principal of Instruction in coaching academy earn Level 3+ student achievement on TCP
- Coach Assistant Principals of Instruction (APIs) to master instructional coaching School Leadership Levers (SLLs) and to deliver effective Guideposts to Excellent Teaching (GET)-aligned professional development sessions
- Partner with National Teacher Advancement Team to develop GET-aligned professional development packages to support teacher improvement of skills in key areas
- Manage campus-wide usage of Teachboost, IDEA’s platform for providing feedback and documenting observations
- Partner with Academic Services team to make sure teachers are delivering effective, strategic curriculum-driven lessons
- Assure that all teachers and APIs understand the student achievement rubrics associated with their course on Teacher Career Pathway
3.95% of teachers in region are rated 2 or more times on all superpower rows with fidelity to GET Rubric throughout the calendar year in Teachboost (2C, 3C/3D, 4A, 4C, 4D) OR 6 rows or regional choosing
- Serve as campus’ Teachboost representative to answer questions, track progress, and problem-solve hurdles to Teachboost usage
- Facilitate GET ratings/norming conversation during campus instructional rounds
- Cascade progress towards goals updates on ratings progress throughout the year
- Share best practices across campuses for Teachboost usage.
4.100% of APIs in Coaching Academy proficient on Coaching SLLs (Coaching academy skills), and GET Certified, 85% retention of portfolio APIs
- Manage execution of Coaching Academy (logistics and facilitation)
- Use See It. Name It. Do It. Framework to coach APIs in weekly and biweekly coaching follow-up from Coaching Academy
- Coordinate coaching and feedback with managers and Vice Presidents of Schools
- Facilitate/Support GET Certification at Coaching Academy
- Provide additional GET-norming support to campuses and instructional leaders who do not demonstrate strong GET-normed practices during instructional rounds
5.90% | 50% of Coaching Academy/Teacher Leader Foundations cohort members will respond to key survey questions with 8 | 10 AND average 90% session attendance
- Assure high-quality facilitators and facilitation at every professional development session
- Oversee and manage logistics team for smooth execution of meals, materials, and space requirements that facilitate learning
- Manage communication with participants and managers (as appropriate) as well as in-field follow-up to guarantee mastery of session material
6.Live Values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
- Coach portfolio of 8-13 Asst. Principals of Instruction
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Managing Others to Deliver Results -- leads team to achieve measurable and ambitious results
- Instructional Leadership – leads instructional staff to improve their teaching quickly and measurably through observations, coaching, data conversations, and effective evaluations
- Problem Solving and Strategic Leadership – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Coaching & Developing – develops team through formal and informal methods; makes professional development a top priority
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Building Relationships of Trust and Collaboration – drive towards results because of strong business partnerships of credibility, trust, and effectiveness
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years of teaching experience, 1+ experience managing teachers, experience as an Assistant Principal (or similar role) required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mastery of Guideposts for Excellent Teaching (or similar teaching rubric)
- Ability to coach and influence leaders and teachers
- Familiarity with Relay Graduate School of Education/Leverage Leadership Coaching model
- Experience with project planning and executing large-scale professional development sessions (>50 attendees)
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $58,884 and $68,600, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.