Aug 16, 2019
Kirkwood, CA, USA
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Do you want to spend your day having fun and interacting with kids? This job is an integral part of the Children's Ski and Ride School experience. You will help with getting kids out on the snow, keeping them fueled up during breaks and lunch and making their experience memorable during all the moments when they are not skiing or riding. This is a great way to work toward an instructor position if your skiing/riding skills aren't quite there yet. This is also a great job for someone who wants to work with children in a fun environment, but does not want to ski or snowboard as part of their job.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Keeping yourself and your guests SAFE at all times and in all situations.
* Providing exceptional guest service at all times; sharing your passion for working with kids.
* Assist in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride School programs, including but not limited to: food prep, registration process, directing guests to appropriate locations, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
* Provide a great experience for guests of all ages.
* Prepare snacks and lunch for children in Ski and Ride School.
* Assist in accommodating children with food allergies and/or special needs.
* Assist children who are tired, feel ill, or are unwilling to participate in lessons.
* Contact/communicate with guardian(s) regarding the status of their child.
* Accurately assist guests and staff with procedures and processes while organizing children.
* Ensure that guests are equipped appropriately (fitting and adjusting equipment) and working with instructors/supervisors and managers to make changes when necessary.
* Supervise children both outside during lessons and inside the children's center.
* Facilitate child security and the return of children to identified guardian(s).
* Display positive and effective communication with other attendants and instructors.
* High School or Equivalent Education.
* Ability to attend all required training sessions.
* Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written).
* CA food handler certificate (may be obtained after accepting the position).
* Must have excellent guest service skills.
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Must work well in a team.
* Must successfully complete a Criminal Background Check.
* Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
* Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
* Must be willing to assist children.
* Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
* Experience working in a guest service industry with guests of all ages.
* Previous kitchen/food prep experience.
* Knowledge of local area/resort.
* Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children and/or childcare.
* Ability to communicate in Spanish.(optional)
What's in it for you?
* Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
* Discounted coupons for friends and family
* Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
* Carpool Incentive program
* Discount with select industry manufactures
* Opportunities for ski/ride breaks
* Opportunities to participate in ski/ride improvement clinics
* Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
* 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
* Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
* Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
* 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
* Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
* On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
* Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We're famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country.
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 170874