Aug 16, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Children's Ski and Snowboard School Facility Supervisor is a member of the Keystone Ski and ride School supervisor team that reports directly to the Children's General Manager. This positions primary responsibility is to manage the facilities and staff that support the Children Ski and Snowboard School. This supervisor will work closely with the General Manager and act as a liaison between our facilities and the other teams we work with; specifically Ski and Snowboard School operation supervisors, Food and Beverage, Rental (VRR), and Product Sales and Services. The Facility Supervisor is a core part of our efforts to deliver our guests the Experience of a Lifetime.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Direct management of facilities utilized for Children's Ski and Snowboard School
* Rental Facilities and Rental Fleet
* Lunch areas and Food Service
* Direct supervision and scheduling of staff for;
* Check In areas
* Set-up Crew
* Rental shops
* Lunch support
* Check out- Security
* Ripperoo mascot and handlers
* Monitor and adjust staffing levels at the direction of the Location Manager to accommodate changing business volumes.
* Administer appropriate record keeping and reporting systems
* Rental Fleet inspections, inventory, and maintenance schedules
* Food handler Policies and Procedures
* Manage Ripperoo Mascot team and Ripperoo events (parade, flash mobs, etc.)
* Mentoring, observations, coaching, feedback and evaluation of all Support, Rental, and
* Regularly assess performance of Support staff and work with Supervisor Team to improve operational efficiency.
* Work with Management Team to ensure a culture of Health and Safety
* Be proactive to provide superior guest service (internal and external) at all times
* Ensure all staff are following company and departmental policies & procedures
* Build a working knowledge of RPOS, including specific Ski School Tools and Report
* Lead special activities, and maintain facilities, assist in training as needed.
* Excellent personal skills particularly Guest Service skills.
* Intermediate Skiing or Snowboarding skills preferred.
* Desire to work with and relate to adults, children, parents, and employees.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and supervise others.
* Demonstrated ability to perform in a high paced, variable, multi-faceted environment with
the ability to multi-task
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Windows based applications and internet based
* Experience with Ski and Snowboard Rental operations preferred.
* Experience with RPOS
* High School degree and two years relevant proven leadership experience in related field,
* Able to withstand lengthy exposure to cold and inclement weather
* Able to sit at computer for extended periods of time
* Physical strength and ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned
* Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. at different times throughout the workday
We're looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team - where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 170934