Aug 16, 2019
Davis, CA, USA
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Ski & Snowboard School Supervisor - Northstar at Tahoe
Summary of Job
The Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor is a member of the management team who is responsible for the quality assurance and management of labor costs of their groups with guidance from the Manager. Position is responsible for the training, managing, scheduling, payroll, financial management and morale of instructors. The Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor is responsible for promoting workplace safety programs, assignment of ski school products to instructors, instructor on-hill observations to review product quality offering feedback and systemic evaluations. Responsible for regular interaction with guests to solicit feedback, resolve conflicts, and accommodate.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Financial. Instructor scheduling to fairly administer work priority status, while managing labor budgets for financial success. Performance measured monthly by meeting or exceeding financial metrics
* Financial. Continuous interaction with Product Sales team to manage lesson bookings ensuring exceptional guest experiences while maximizing revenue. Appropriate level of expertise utilizing RPOS sales and reporting tools, including monitoring and administration of inventory controls. Famliarity with Peoplesoft for payroll issues.
* Guest experience- ensuring the highest level of quality in regards to private or group lessons and overall ski/snowboard school experience. Responsible for implementing guest recoveries and tactics to increase Guest Experience (GX) scores. Performance measured by meeting or exceeding GX survey metrics.
* Worker's Compensation reporting, facilitating mandatory safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication. Oversight of family members to ensure all safety compliance programs (on-line safety quiz, equipment check, park pass program, kids on lifts) achieve 100% completion rate. Performance measured by achieving or exceeding worker's compensation metrics.
* Safety Rotation for observation purposes in regards to reviewing product quality and instructor performance and safety, including monitoring of suggested and prescribed routes.
* Work place safety initiatives: To include: Worker's Compensation reporting, facilitating mandatory safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication to reward the staff when safety and wellness goals are met. Lead Movement Prep as part of morning meetings.
* Staff communication to include: daily morning meetings, monthly family meetings, instructor messaging for company/department updates utilizing social media, e-mail, instructor messaging and morning meetings. Post morning meeting notes. Responsible for achieving or exceeding expectations in Employee Engagement Survey metrics.
* Drive company value and stated goal of Zero Footprint by 2030
* Development. Lead family members in their professional development for Performance Management including ongoing communication, mid and end of season reviews for staff and coaching/disciplinary actions when deemed necessary. Schedule and facilitate one on one's with direct reports to review professional development.
* Understanding of our ski school-wide, resort-wide, and enterprise-wide business strategies. Strong ability to communicate the connection between those strategies and the priorities of instructors.
* Role model and bring to life the company's values of; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun.
* Remain current with certification and membership of professional ski/snowboard organizations.
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum Requirements - High School Diploma. Proficient in reading, writing, and communicating in English
* Minimum of three years as a full-time instructor for a recognized ski/snowboard school. Highly recommended: Instructor trainer or Supervisor Assistant.
* Have current professional instructor certification. PSIA/AASI Level 1 or 2 required.
* RPOS, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media, base and hand-held radio.
* Fluent English
* Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently. Verbal communication in person and via telephone with guests, instructors and management is required.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the "Top 25 Ski Towns in the World."
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 169685