Aug 16, 2019
Breckenridge, CO 80424, USA
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor is responsible for creating a welcoming impression by leading the resort priorities and modeling our company's values. This is achieved through the focus on quality control, guest and employee relations, staff performance and development, financial responsibility, communication, teamwork and administrative duties. He or she will supervise operations of programs, indoor and outdoor facilities/ teaching areas and will oversee daily staffing and lesson assignments. This position will work with the Director, General Manager, Location Managers and Administrative Assistants as well as all other resort departments to ensure efficient management of the department and that all stakeholder needs are consistently met.
* Utilize available resources to monitor and maintain the quality of the teaching standards of our Pros.
* Manage staffing levels to daily guest reservations and labor margins.
* Monitor and review employee performance with other supervisors and individual Pros on a regular basis.
* Work with the General Managers and Location Managers to support and achieve Guest Experience targets for the success of the overall Ski & Snowboard School.
* Resolve guest complaints by utilizing guest service guidelines and accommodate special requests when appropriate.
* Understand, lead and model safety standards within the department.
* Ensure Pros are knowledgeable about our product lines, company policies and procedures, and work schedules.
* Establish and review mutual seasonal goals and performance objectives with each Pro, providing feedback and coaching.
* Communicate effectively with leadership, peers and other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
* Understand, lead and model the Company's mission, vision and values.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of one year working in a Ski & Snowboard School
* PSIA/AASI Level 1 certification
* Microsoft Office proficiency
* Fluent in all aspects of the English language
* Excellent communication and guest service skills
* Familiar with proper techniques regarding the lifting and handling of children
* Advanced to expert level skiing/ snowboarding skills
* Must be able to work in a high alpine environment
* Must work well in a team
* Must be able to work holidays and weekends
* Offers may be contingent upon a post offer background check and reference checks
* PSIA/AASI Level 2 or 3 certification
* RPOS experience
* College degree/ experience in a relevant field
* Minimum of one year supervisory experience
If you're hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you'll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you're interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you'll instantly feel at home.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 170489