Aug 16, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lead the Ski & Ride School Youth Programs and drive class lesson growth through the following areas of focus.
* Planning, organizing, and scheduling instructor staff to business volumes
* Manage staff through scheduling, assignments, class average, in relation to volume of guests
* Assisting instructors with setting and reaching personal and resort goals
* Managing labor to established financial and risk margins
* Holding employee behaviors to corporate and departmental standards
* Managing staff to guest expectations through observations, counseling and individual feedback
* Maintaining excellent communication skills with both children and adults
* Observe, coach and counsel staff and family members in a positive manner
* Completing annual performance reviews for assigned staff
* Training to keep the ability to ski/ride at or above level 2/3 certification
* Performing administrative duties in timely manner, particularly those associated with hiring, scheduling, evaluating and separating assigned staff
* Being able and willing to work in a team setting
* Adhere to and support resort wide safety initiatives and safety standards
* Ski and/or ride within ski area boundary to observe on-hill operations and provide feedback to staff when needed
* Identify and solve guest issues in an expedient, proactive manner
* Communicate, listen, and resolve issues in a timely professional manner
* Other duties as assigned
* High school education -required, college education -preferred
* 5 years teaching experience with kids and adults
* 2 years supervisory experience -required
* PSIA/AASI Level 1 -required
* Proficient in Word and Excel -required
* Fluent in English
We're looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team - where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 170617