Aug 16, 2019
Breckenridge, CO 80424, USA
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Team Lead for the Ski and Snowboard School is responsible for ensuring all relevant day-to-day operational support functions are achieved to the standards set by the department. This position will be responsible and accountable for the rental shop operations, indoor facility operations and maintenance, outdoor teaching area appearance and maintenance, indoor programming for small children, the general repair and upkeep of relevant company assets. This position has seven support team members that are direct reports and the team lead will be responsible for scheduling to cover all areas of the support team operation, appropriate performance management, and be accountable to the labor budget that is established.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Oversee the support team and discovery guide operations, including scheduling and staffing to balance the needs of the operations, the employees, and the budget, have adequate coverage in each operational area throughout the day.
* Facilitate training of employees to achieve DIN Certification, be compliant with health safety codes, and internal trainings such as hand tool safety, knife safety, cleaning chemical safety, facility set up and upkeep, and child communication training
* Appropriate performance management of support team staff including goal-setting, recognition, coaching, disciplinary actions, and performance evaluations.
* Collaborate with on-snow supervisors and managers to ensure facilities, processes and guest interactions are friendly, welcoming, and efficient
* In-depth understanding of rental shop processes, including how relevant paperwork is filled out and recorded, how equipment is checked in and out, how to fit and size guests for ski and snowboard equipment, repair and maintenance of rental fleet and be current with appropriate DIN Certification.
* Achieve consistent appearance and functionality of indoor facilities and outdoor teaching areas by training staff on consistent set up and tear down.
* Ability to keep and maintain a clean and orderly facility that accommodates high-volume guest flow.
* Working with small children and training team members to facilitate appropriate games and activities in both indoor and outdoor settings.
* Responsible to keep all relevant assets in good repair including rental fleet, outdoor teaching area tools and materials, and indoor facility infrastucture. Complete building maintenance requests when appropriate.
* Complete appropriate ordering process for all necessary supplies for the facility to operate.
* Assist with ski school classes as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Prior experience in a fast-paced work environment
* Microsoft Office proficiency
* Valid US driver's license with a clean driving record
* Current DIN Certification for appropriate bindings
* Fluent in all aspects of English language
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays and in an outdoor high-alpine environment for extended periods
* Offers are contingent upon a post offer background check as well as a vehicle driving check
* Prior experience with direct reports
* Intermediate to Advanced Skier/Snowboarder
* Ability to complete a modified version of Instructor Basic Training to assist ski school classes in times of peak volume
If you're hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you'll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you're interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you'll instantly feel at home.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 170778