We’re not going to lie - we love what we do. Whetstone is a New Orleans-based ed-tech startup making a serious impact in public education. Our cloud-based platform allows education leaders to capture, organize, analyze, and share classroom observation data in an intuitive interface, making it easy to identify teacher trends and take action to help teachers improve. We work with some of the most innovative school districts in the country (and a few overseas!) to accelerate teacher growth because we know how much is at stake for kids and families. And we’re expanding. Fast. We doubled this year and are on track to do so again next year.
So what are we all about?
- Making people’s lives easier: Not just for our clients, but for team members, too. Our motto is, “It’s really easy to be really nice.” If you’re on board with that, we’re on board with you.
- Teamwork: A team is a group of people with a shared mission. Want to contribute your brainpower and hustle to helping us achieve our mission of improving teacher effectiveness and quality of worklife? Well, c’mon then!
- Constant learning: We believe that everybody needs a coach. We’re committed to helping team members grow professionally to meet their career goals.
- Celebrating our victories: Every Thursday afternoon you’ll find us gathering with La Croix to review our small victories for the week, and once a month we go to a neighborhood watering hole!
- Work should be fun: No explanation necessary.