Transcend is education’s “R&D Engine,” enabling communities to imagine, create, and spread learning environments that truly prepare all students for what the future demands. We do this by playing two vital roles:
- We expand the supply of innovative, replicable school models to give communities everywhere a broader and more diverse range of options to adopt
- We grow demand and readiness for innovation in communities across the country, so they are eager to adopt these models and innovate in effective ways.
To play these roles, we are building three core assets that not only serve our work but also grow the field’s capacity for R&D in critical ways:
- World-class school design offerings that support communities as they imagine, design, build, test, codify, and share innovative school models
- An open-source knowledge hub that captures, synthesizes, and shares key insights, evidence, and products to reimagine school
- A vibrant network of schools, talent, experts, other education nonprofits, and funders who support and amplify our - and each other’s - work.